BETTER BALANCE Guidelines and Food List
WHO DOES THIS PLAN WORK BEST FOR?
Are you ready to bring your life, and eating, into balance? BETTER BALANCE focuses on helping you learn to control your eating through awareness and not as much weighing and measuring. This is a great choice for someone wanting to prioritize healthy eating and focus on fresh, whole food options. Create your meals from a list of over 200+ healthy food items without needing to weigh, measure or track. It is important to note, that whether a food is marked as  BITES or not - they are not zero calories. This program helps you to eat more mindfully, to learn to recognize when you’re full, to better understand the portion sizes you should be having and to break the patterns of mindless eating. The key here is to eat only until you are satisfied, not stuffed and make healthier choices.
Followed as intended, this plan can be significantly helpful for:
● Controlling sugar cravings
● Managing Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, ThyroidIssues, PCOS etc
HOW DOES THE PLAN WORK?
Each day you have a range of BITES to use. You have DAILY BITES calculated from your individual profile taking into account your age, gender, height, weight and activity levels. You also have access to a bank of WEEKLY BITES and can earn extra ACTIVITY BITES should you need them. This is in addition to the items on the  Bite Food List that you do not need to track but certainly can if you want to follow Calories or your Macros (Protein/Fat/Carbs). Tracking secondary metrics is one of the great PRO features available to members. To help you make better meal choices - lean protein and healthy produce choices have lower BITES scores and sugary or fast foods have higher ones. Think of it as a “throttle”. You can still have those items, but they will just cost you more, giving you a chance to stop and consider if it is something you really want.
This plan's calculations focus on:
- Sat Fat
With BETTER BALANCE, you have a moderate number of DAILY & WEEKLY BITES in comparison to other iTrackBites weight loss programs. The minimum range is 23 DAILY + 14 WEEKLY. Both daily and weekly BITES decrease as you lose weight.
ZERO BITE FOODS
All foods, as shown on the list, are  BITES. While all foods still contain calories, these healthy choices do not need to be counted as long as they do not contain any ADDED SUGAR or OILS on the label. Use these as the base for your meals and then utilize your daily BITES to round your meals out.
CARRY OVER BITES
This is the ability to save up to 4 of your unused daily BITES and have them carry over into your weekly BITES for use later. These reset at the beginning of each new week.
USE YOUR POCKET GUIDE LISTINGS FOR CORRECT VALUES OF ALL  BITE FOODS, NON BRANDED FOOD ITEMS & ALCOHOL.
HOW DO I GET THE BEST RESULTS ON THIS PLAN?
1)  BITE FOOD CHOICES - While 0 in BITES, they are not 0 in calories. Serving sizes are not limited with these foods but you do need to learn what a reasonable portion is. Most of us can have trouble with “portion distortion”. Make healthy and fresh whole food options the basis for your meals, aiming to balance your plate with 1⁄2 meal being various non starchy, high fiber vegetables, 1⁄4 meal being whole grains, starchy vegetables or other complex carbohydrates and 1⁄4 meal being a lean protein.
2) LISTEN TO YOUR BODY - EAT ONLY UNTIL SATISFIED - In order to be the most successful on this plan, you need to slow down, tune in to your hunger signals and learn to recognize the difference between mouth hunger (Boy, that would taste good) vs actual physical hunger. This plan is based on you learning to eat with more awareness to both your portion sizes and the actual quality of your food choices. Choose less processed sugary items and opt for more fresh whole food options.
3) EAT RESPONSIBLY - You cannot eat 3 full meals of  BITE foods, then use all your daily BITES for other items and have great results. If you are eating close to your daily recommended calories in just  BITE food meals, eating (or drinking) all your daily BITES as well could potentially double your calorie consumption. This can lead to the scale moving in the wrong direction. Using Calories as a Secondary Metric is a great way to keep an eye on this.
BETTER BALANCE - ZERO BITE FOODS
All foods on this list are  BITES - in fresh, frozen or canned (drained) varieties without any ADDED sugars or oils. Naturally occurring sugars as indicated on the nutritional label are fine - they just may not be ADDED to the ingredients list. To find these items listed correctly, search exactly as shown on this list and select the 0 Bite option from the POCKET GUIDE results. All dried fruits are counted.